HBL has its first case of corona: Danish world champion Mads Mensah of the Rhein-Neckar Löwen is infected with the virus, but is already giving the all-clear.
The Handball Bundesliga has its first officially confirmed corona case.
The Danish world champion Mads Mensah of the Rhein-Neckar Löwen has been infected with the virus and tested positive for COVID-19. The German champion of 2016 and 2017 announced this on Monday. Mensah was “immediately transferred to a 14-day domestic quarantine together with his family as a precautionary measure”, the club report said.
“We are in constant contact with our team doctor, the health authorities and the authorities and will do everything in our power to slow down the spread of the virus,” said Löwen Managing Director Jennifer Kettemann: “We are aware of our obligation and responsibility in this critical situation. The health of our players and employees is our top priority”. The club has suspended training until further notice.
Mensah had complained of flu-like symptoms last week and tested positive. Meanwhile, the 28-year-old backcourt player is now feeling “fit and fully resilient again”, according to his own statement.